Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Eeyore and Crayons Trompe L'Oeil Daily Painting

The title of this piece is "An Eeyore Kind of Day," and the medium is Acrylic on Panel. The size is 5"x5".  Sold
This is an original painting created in a trompe l'oeil style, meaning the entire piece created with paint, exactly to scale from the original subject. My process: I create a collage on a separate surface consisting of torn paper, crayons, etc. and then set it next to my blank surface on my easel and try to replicate it as closely as I can. For this piece, I used "The House at Pooh Corner" by A.A. Milne as a starting point. I inherited the books from my aunt (and I used a photocopy for my torn, colored reference - I wouldn't tear a book!). If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for looking!