Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Up for Auction on eBay - Hot Fudge Sundae Daily Oil Painting

"Hot Fudge Sundae with Nuts and a Cherry," oil on panel, 6" x 6", by Kim Testone.

Auction ends Sunday January 18 at 9 p.m. Click here to bid.

I really like how this piece came together. I think there's a nice contrast between the dark fudge and the vanilla ice cream, and the little pops of color with the nuts. I find using a really limited color palette helps me for most paintings nowadays; this one uses just six colors, if memory serves me correctly - Payne's gray, titanium white, burnt umber, burnt sienna, cadmium red, and cadmium yellow deep. I'm especially pleased with the ice cream, which has a lot more color variation than one may think goes into it, and really helps it have more dimension. Thanks for looking!