Monday, November 2, 2015

On the Easel - Seven Dwarfs Group Selfie - Organized Chaos Daily Acrylic Painting

Just finished: "Seven Dwarfs Group Selfie!" Acrylic on panel, 8" x 10".

This is another piece using my new aquabord panels, which allow me to use a technique that lends itself to much richer, deeper colors and an almost perfectly smooth finish to the paint (no bumps). For my subject, I used a grouping of plastic toys of the Seven Dwarfs that my parents got me when they took me to Disney World when I was three. Although I wasn't sure how it would turn out, I'm really pleased. I think it's a lot of fun and makes me smile to really think of them all posed for this "Group Selfie."

Here are a couple of progress photos the piece, too. As you can see, it was complex, so like my other chaos paintings, I used a grid to help guide me.

Thanks for looking! I'll post for sale soon. I hope it makes you smile!


I put in several hours between the above photo and the one below, not just finishing Happy's face, but also continuing to layer and enrich the colors and details on the other dwarfs.