Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe Card Trompe L'Oeil Acrylic Painting

"Snickerdoodle Recipe," acrylic on panel, 5" x 7".

$79/Available on Etsy.

I find paintings that involve print or handwriting to be wonderful exercises for me, and this one was especially enlightening. I used a recipe card written for me by a friend of mine from years ago. I tried to capture the worn nature of the card a bit, and it was quite interesting to note the many details that made her printing unique - for example, that she used a mix of capitalized and lowercase letters in the same words.

I hope it brings back memories of baking in your kitchen with someone special. And if you are feeling particularly nostalgic, you can always follow the recipe in the painting and bake some Snickerdoodles now!

As a Trompe L'Oeil piece, this has been painted to scale, and with the intention of giving the illusion that this is a real recipe card taped to a board.

This piece has been coated with a UV spray varnish.

Thanks for looking!

Popular Posts