Money Laudering - Trompe L'Oeil Painting of a 1980s $50 Bill Hung Out to Dry

trompe loeil money painting photorealism by kim testone
"Money Laundering," acrylic on panel, 10" x 10". SOLD

I found this $50 bill from 1981, and just had to paint it before I spent it. The designs of the old bills are so much more interesting to me than the current designs, at least for painting.

I used a very small brush to paint all of the details on this piece. I'm including a photo of my original subject next to my painting. I do my best to capture all of the lighting and colors correctly, so that at a glance, it's not easy to tell which is the painting.

Be sure to visit my Instagram page to see a progress shot of this piece as I worked on it - https://www.instagram.com/kimtestoneartist/.

Thanks for looking!



Popular Posts