Trompe L'Oeil Painting of M&Ms Chocolate Candy

mms chocolate candy trompe loeil photorealism still life painting by kim testone
"Just a Handful," acrylic on panel, 8" x 10". SOLD.



 I painted M&Ms a while back, but on a much smaller board, so I wanted to try to do one with a bit more white space around it so it could breathe a bit. M&ms are a different sort of challenge altogether from my other candy bar paintings, not just because of the separate pieces, but because of the details and shape of the package.

This piece has been sealed with a thin coat of a permanent gloss varnish, for protection and to retain the richness of the colors, especially the dark areas.

I've included a side-by-side picture of my original subject taped to a board next to the final painting.

Be sure to visit my Instagram page to see a couple of progress shots of this piece as I worked on it - https://www.instagram.com/kimtestoneartist/.


Popular Posts