Vote for Lois Lane Not Superman Comic Book Trompe L'Oeil Painting

lois lane superman silver age comic book books trompe loeil painting photorealism paintings
"Not like the other girls (vote for Lois)," acrylic on panel, 16" x 16". SOLD
 I have a small but growing collection of beat-up silver age comic books and a particular affection for the "Superman's Girl Friend Lois Lane" books. The two books featured in this painting are from the 1960s. I love the charm of the Lois Lane books, each of which captures different aspects of a woman - in these two, empowerment. They always make me smile, and I hope they make you smile, too!

I use many thin glazes of transparent and opaque acrylic paint to achieve as much smoothness and color richness as I can. Feel free to visit my instagram page to see some step-by-step photos of this piece as I painted it: https://www.instagram.com/kimtestoneartist/ .

lois lane superman silver age comic book books trompe loeil realism painting paintings
Subject left, painting right.

Popular Posts