Trompe L'Oeil Painting of The Velveteen Rabbit

the velveteen rabbit trompe l'oeil painting by kim testone
"The Velveteen Rabbit," acrylic on panel, 16" x 12". SOLD
 As the model for this piece, I used a very special book from my childhood. I received my copy (shown in the side by side photo) when I was just four years old. But the original writing and illustrations were published in 1922, and it is a lovely imaginative book if you'd never read it, with toys that have life in them, long before the Toy Story movies.

"Weeks passed, and the little Rabbit grew very old and shabby... He didn't mind at all how he looked to other people because he was Real, and when you are Real shabbiness doesn't matter."

I've sealed it with a satin polymer varnish, 
so it's got a low sheen and can be framed with or without glass.

Thanks for looking!

Side by side, subject and painting

the velveteen rabbit trompe l'oeil painting by kim testone


Popular Posts