Up on Etsy - Framed Photorealist Painting of Vintage Toy Cars

photorealist painting of vintage toy cars in a custom handmade frame
"Vintage Toy Cars," 8" x 8", acrylic on cradled panel in a 2" deep handcrafted floater frame.
SOLD

I used my husband's old toy cars as the models for this piece. At more than 35 years old, they were all pretty beat up and rusty, which I loved.

I painted this quite a while ago, on a cradled panel, but I could never get the sides of the panel to my liking, and after putting it away for several months, I decided to custom frame it - a great decision because I love the finished look! Thanks to O&M for the lovely handmade frame, which blends a bit of a rustic quality with a contemporary look. At 2 inches deep, the frame is quite substantial and gives the piece a clean gallery-quality look.

The piece has a soft matte finish.

* You can see step-by-step photos of this piece as I painted it here: http://kimtestone.blogspot.com/2016/07/step-by-step-acrylic-painting-of-old.html#.WMYFao-cHIU .

Thanks for looking!


Popular Posts