On the Easel - Step by Step of Life Board Game Painting Study

Sometimes my daily paintings turn into two- or three-day paintings. I don't actually think that's a terrible thing; I try to challenge myself in some way with each piece I do and I don't want to skip doing a piece that I think will overall improve my work. So are a few phone photos of the painting I finished up today - "This is Life," acrylic on cradled panel, 8" x 10". It's larger and more involved than most of my recent works, and I thought it would be fun to share a few progression photos. (Apologies for the poor quality of the photos! The finished piece is much more colorful, and I'll post a high-quality photo soon.)

But I am calling this a study because I do think I'd like to work on a larger, more involved version of this piece in the not-too-distant future. Thanks for looking!  




Popular Posts