Daily Acrylic Painting - Letter to Santa with Crayons - Trompe L'Oeil Art on eBay

"Memories of Letters to Santa," acrylic on panel, 8" x 8".

I wanted to create a couple of holiday-themed pieces, since I'm one of those people who really gets into the season. For this piece, I decided to paint a trompe l'oeil-style piece of an envelope addressed to Santa Claus. But I wanted to "age" it, to make it more like a memory, and give it the handwriting of a child. So for the subject, I dyed an envelope and crayons with instant coffee grounds, then used my left hand (I'm right-handed) to address the letter.

As with all of my trompe l'oeil-style pieces, my goal is to make this painting look deceptively real and three-dimensional. And, like most of my paintings, I just hope it makes you smile.

Available on eBay. Click here to bid. Thanks for looking!

Popular Posts