Thursday, September 5, 2024

Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cone - New Print Available

 

Cookies and Cream 2, 16" x 12", 2022, SOLD. New print available at kimtestone.com.


Happy Thursday! Just a brief announcement that I've posted a new limited-edition print of Cookies and Cream 2 to my website. The painting that this print is based on was originally done as a 16"x12" acrylic commission on panel. The print is a borderless 16" x 12", so sized exactly as the original. 

As you might know, I use my own reference photos 99% of the time, which gives me complete control over making a subject that fits my vision. I've found that when using cookies and cream ice cream, store-bought ice cream has almost no sizeable cookie pieces. To fix this, I buy a separate package of Oreos, break them up and add some in while I'm sculpting and photographing the reference. It might not be reality, but it is how we imagine things to be, and it certainly makes for a much happier and more nostalgic painting! 

One extra note: I actually put quite a bit of effort into my prints, so I like to call them artist-remastered. The background is clean and white, and I have removed the original painted signature, to better showcase the penciled signature and limited-edition number of the prints. I want to make prints that both capture the original painting as closely as possible and that act as their own individual piece of art on your wall.

Thanks for stopping by!

What's New

Video Clips of the Process of Painting a Giant Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae

  Happy Friday! I thought I'd share some video clips of the Giant Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae I painted in 2023 for my solo show at Hidel...